The Toronto Chapter of the CSSE was established in 1969, and has been actively engaged in the GTA safety community since then. The first electronic road signs in Canada were placed along Highway 401, and the safety messages were requested and authored by the Toronto Chapter.
With a current active membership of approximately 400, it is the third largest chapter in Canada. The chapter serves an area bounded by Oakville/Milton (west), Lake Ontario (south), Highway 9 (north), and Pickering (east).
The chapter is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. The current Chair is Steven Sloan.
The purposes of the chapter are sharing occupational and environmental health and safety information, networking and professional development. This is accomplished by:
- Hosting monthly breakfast meetings with guest speakers
- Organizing annual education days
- Offering CSSE specialized professional development courses
- Supporting North American Occupational Safety and Health (NAOSH) Week activities
- Launching an interactive dedicated chapter website
Any CSSE member in good standing is welcome to join the chapter. There is no cost to do so, and you are encouraged to get involved with the chapter and its Board.
The 2017 Board of Directors Executive members are:
P: 905-472-7373 x6231
For more information, have a look at our Toronto Chapter By-Laws